End of half-term in year 4

Year 4 did a fantastic, happy song about the food we “gather” in the supermarket at harvest. They really enjoyed working together to sing “In my trolley”. Next time I’ll arrange for someone to take some photos to post for those adults who were unable to attend!

In class, the children have also enjoyed building more circuits and seeing what happens when you add a conductor, insulator or switch to them. I have posted “a knowledge organiser” for electricity on Google Classroom. I will post the same or similar for next half-term’s topics. These will be there for you to access if you choose. They contain key vocabulary and explain the concepts we learn at school. If you’d like to share these with your children you are very welcome to.

The children have been improving their percussion skills in music, using the glockenspiels, xylophones and chime bars to accompany “Mamma Mia”.

The year 4 fencers gave a fantastic demonstration at an assembly this Tuesday and will be representing the school at a competition! Well done, boys and we wish you lots of success.

I did a slideshow of more photos from our trip to the cathedral last week, but it didn’t upload. I’ll post some of these below.

I hope you all have a very happy half-term and look forward to seeing everyone a week on Monday.