Year Six shine!

It seems that every week in year six is a busy week, but the children have shone through once again.

They were fantastic in supporting their younger school-mates during the key stage one sports practice and during the actual event itself. Several teachers asked me to pass on their thanks – both to the whole class and to individuals who stood out for the care and good sense with which they carried out the responsibilities assigned to them.

The children also excelled themselves during our own key stage two sports: both in demonstrating a positive sporting attitude and in helping run the event smoothly.

And of course, when we haven’t been supporting around the school, this week has been full of rehearsals – the children are really looking forward to sharing our end of year production and I have been delighted with the effort that they are all putting in. They are going to be great!

You cannot be in year six and not be aware of the clock is ticking – the end of our time in primary school is fast approaching and with it, the mix of emotions that endings and new beginnings bring. In the week ahead, we get to share some more of what we have achieved with our parents, whilst heading out to visit our new secondary schools. When I look at the class, I know that they will do themselves proud!