Year 5 Summer week 9

Year 5 Summer Week 9

Over the last two weeks, things have been pretty exciting in Year 5.

The children have finally finished their purses as part of their art project. No two purses were alike. Here are some photos (and some photo bombing!)

Pirates

Our current topic of Treasure Island has got the children so excited that they have to re-enact it. How did Pugh become ‘Blind Pugh?’

In Science we have been trying to answer this question – ‘Will a ball dropped  from twice the height always bounce twice as high?’

Taking advantage of our new sports facilities…..

Kwik Cricket

Some of the girls in my class were representing the school at Kwik Cricket and only lost to much bigger schools. Well done!

The Blitz

My Dad was in school this week and was able to tell the children about growing up, being evacuated and bombed in London as a young child. I think the class got a lot from it.

Afterwards,  he complimented me on the  many intelligent questions and  impeccable behaviour from the class.

Mrs Binks

It is with sadness that we had to say goodbye to Mrs Binks this week – she has decided that now was a good time to spend more time pursuing her other interests.  We wish her all the best.

The World Cup.

There has been frenzied activity in the class as Year 5 have the job of administering and running the World Cup Bonanza competition at school. I would not be able to do it without them.

On a side note. Each class has been given in a country in the sweep-stake (ice-lollies for the class with the highest achieving team).

I never thought I would say this in a World Cup –

‘Come on Germany!’

Have a great week,

Mr Creaton