Year 1 Home Learning

I are going to greatly miss seeing and teaching your children face-to-face during the duration of the school being closed. Please know that your children are still at the forefront of my mind. Mr King and I will do everything that we can to support them and you during this time.

I have sent the children home with a Home Learning book where they can record their learning. Enclosed inside was information regarding logging on to various platforms; MyMaths, Google Classroom and J2E. I also sent the children home with a planted sunflower and diary for them to start recording the life of their sunflower as they observe it grow.

Joe Wicks will also be streaming a PE lesson every morning at 9am onto his youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ

I shall be posting home learning in the ‘Home Learning’ section of the blog at 9am during the week. Please complete this depending on your families circumstance.

We are in this together and I aim to provide engaging and creative opportunities for learning during this time.

I appreciate your support and kind words and look forward to returning to normality soon. The class have made me so proud this year, blossoming into wonderful, thoughtful and kind individuals. My thoughts are with you all.

Hoping you and your families are well.

Miss Perry

Useful websites

www.phonicsplay.co.uk – phonics

www.phonicsbloom.com – phonics

www.teachyourmonsterstoread.com (website is free, paid app) – reading

www.oxfordowl.co.uk – reading

Go Noodle (Youtube) – ‘brainercise’

Cosmic Kids (Youtube and free app) – ‘yoga’

www.topmarks.co.uk – interactive games