Welcome to Year 4!

It is great to see all of the children back at school after the long summer holidays and full of enthusiasm for the term ahead. 

Everyone has worked really hard this week as we have been settling in to the new school year and preparing ourselves for the start of our split English and maths groups on Monday. Our groups provide a fantastic opportunity for the children to benefit from learning as part of a small class, taught by either Mrs Butterworth or myself.  

I have been really pleased to see how well the children have come into school each day prepared for the lessons ahead. Next week, the children will need to remember their PE kits for Monday and swimming kits for Tuesday. If anyone has their reading record or school reading book at home, I would be very grateful if you could bring it in. 

On Thursday, 20th September, from 9:00 until 9:30am, we have our ‘meet the teacher’ meeting . This is a chance for parents to hear about learning in Year 4 and I look forward to meeting you all then.