Welcome to Year 4

It is lovely to have all of the children back and they have been brilliant! There are so many new routines for everyone to get used to as we work hard to maintain our protective bubbles but the children are rising to every challenge.

Individual reading

Over the past week, I have read with all of the children and have given each child a school reading book. I know many children are also enjoying their own books and this is something that I really encourage. It is helpful to me if they could record these titles in their home/ school reading logs.

All of the children have an opportunity at the start of each day to change their school reading book for a new title. I ask them to record these in their reading record. We are currently operating a quarantine system for returned books, whereby they are left for a minimum of 72 hours before being placed back into the general library stock.

Our guided reading programme ensures that every child reads and discusses their reading with a teacher twice each week.

Home learning

We will continue to use the Google Classroom to support home learning this year. Your child’s existing log-in will provide access to the Year Four Google Classroom. Click on this link to access the Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com/c/MTYzNDcyNTM0NTIx?cjc=5kikesg

This link will only work if logged in to your child’s own school Google account. You will not be able to access the classroom if logged in to Google with a parent’s account or that of another family member.

Home learning continues to be set at 2pm on Friday, to be completed by 8:30am on the following Wednesday.

As always, supporting your child’s learning is best achieved through an effective partnership between home and school. If there is anything that you would like to discuss with me, I am available most days at the end of the school day.