Year 4

The children have been exemplary this week as we have worked our way through the uncertain times in which we find ourselves living. Each day, the children have remembered their absent friends in their prayers and cheered those who have been present to answer their names on the register.

From Monday, I will publish a new post at 9am each day to direct the children towards the planned learning activities for the day. My intention is that the majority of these should be shared via our Google Classrooms, which can be accessed here.

Some of the planned learning will need to be ‘turned in’ for marking whilst some of the challenges will not need to be submitted – unless you would like to add a photo of your work to the Google Classroom. None of the work that I am setting will need to be printed.

I will not ask the children to use any technical skill that they have not already practiced at school but, just in case, I will add a simple guide to completing some of these ‘admin’ tasks in the ‘Useful Stuff’ folders that I have added to each of my classrooms. I have also included a reminder of the login details needed to access some of the resources that we may use.

If you have any technical problems accessing the Google Classroom, or with any of the resources that I share, you can email googleclassroom@stadrians.herts.sch.uk . I will answer as soon as I can, but this is not a 24/7 help desk.

It is a sad and uncertain end to the term, but I wish you and all of your families health and every blessing.

Richard Hayes